TABLE OF CONTENTS
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 ( the Act) and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 (EC Directive) as well as the EU GDPR Regulations which came into effect on 25th May 2018, the data controller is BlueVolt Marketing of 38 King William Walk, Greenwich, London SE10 9HU a company registered in England and Wales under no. 08887489. BlueVolt Marketing is registered under the Act under Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration number ZA523847. To find out more about the Act, please visit http://ico.org.uk/ where you can also view our ICO registration entry.
When you are registering on www.ukbestoffers.co.uk, it is not until you click the submit button that your information is transferred to the BlueVolt Marketing database. Once you have completed and submitted all your details, you have then “completed” the registration confirming you are a valued member of our website.
The information collected at registration can include name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth. We may use other reputable partners to provide its services in connection with your registration.
Once you register with the our website you consent to BlueVolt Marketing and its partners being able to send you communications via the channel(s) you selected as part of the sign up until such time as you exercise your right to opt-out of receiving such communications.
We use your personal information collected via our website to:
- provide you with information about the products and services we offer
- provide you with a more personalised service
- conduct market research
- run prize draws and promotions
- pass on to selected companies to provide you with other offers and promotions
- share with selected third parties for marketing communications, profiling and to extend their databases (please see the Data Collection Notice section below for more details of the purposes third parties use your information for)
- facilitate communication between yourself and others
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
We will share your data with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who will use it for a variety of direct marketing purposes. Marketing Services Providers carry out data profiling. They will combine your data with data they get from other sources (including public sources) and use it to create "predictive models". Marketing Services Providers use these models to try to predict behaviour and preferences (e.g. how likely you are to buy a holiday online or take a particular type of holiday) or likely circumstances (e.g. whether you are eligible for a particular credit card).
Marketing Services Providers will also try to match and then link your data with data that they receive about you from other sources, to make sure that the data they hold about you is correct (e.g. to check whether you have recently moved address).
They share your data, including the profiled data they have created about you, primarily to:
- help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers (and find others like them);
- improve the relevancy and appropriateness of an organisation's marketing to its customers (e.g. offers, its products and services); and
- help them communicate with their customers more effectively offline and online. This may mean that you receive tailored advertising via direct mail or when you visit a website.
In sharing your data with Marketing Services Providers, we rely on a lawful ground called 'legitimate interest', as our business depends on our ability to partner with third parties who process personal data for marketing-related reasons.
To understand more about the use of your data by Marketing Services Providers, and to find out how to exercise your data protection rights in relation to their use of your data (including how to opt-out), please click through to the websites of the companies below:
|Acxiom Limited||https://www.acxiom.co.uk/about-acxiom/privacy/uk-privacy-policy/||Marketing||Marketing companies||1182318||Z5459609|
|CACI Ltd||https://www.caci.co.uk/||Marketing||Marketing companies||1649776||Z6633438|
|Experian Ltd||https://www.experian.co.uk/privacy/consumer-information-portal/||Marketing||Marketing companies||653331||Z6424480|
|Known Media||http://www.known-media.com/||Marketing||Marketing companies||09238504||ZA177691|
|LiveRamp UK Limited||https://liveramp.uk/privacy/||Marketing||Marketing companies||1182318||Z5459609|
|Leads Work Limited||https://privacy-policy.leadswork.co.uk||Marketing||Marketing companies||10853169||ZA351040|
|Lloyd James Media Ltd||http://lloydjames.com/privacy-policy/||Marketing||Marketing Sector||07629294||ZA100881|
|Noticed Ltd||http://www.noticedgroup.com/||Marketing||Marketing companies||10399599||ZA218916|
|Omnis Data Ltd||https://omnisdata.co.uk/data-usage/||Marketing||Marketing companies||9591548||ZA559281|
|REaD Group Ltd||https://www.mydatachoices.co.uk/privacy||Marketing||Marketing companies||2959244||Z6778302|
Data can be used for linkage purposes - linking offline data with online IDs for targeting and identity resolution purposes. Third party clients, such as third parties operating in the marketing technology sector, can associate information they have collected about you with certain identifiers linking personal data with cookies and mobile IDs helping marketers to deliver a more personalised and appropriate service. The types of data that can be used for linkage purposes will include name, postal address, phone number and email address.
At registration you have the option to opt-in to partners of our website. Partners have their own privacy policies and some have their own opt-in statements, it is strongly recommended that you read and understand this information.
The collection of data by us through registration on third party sites may lead to your data also being held by that third party site.
We collect, store and use data about you and answers to specific questions asked by our partners and/or selected third parties (see Data Collection Notice section below). We and our partners will contact you with offers and information which we feel will be of interest to you through post, email, social media, online advertising, telephone and/or mobile.
Personal information falls into three categories:
- identifiable information which is any information about you from which you can be personally identified, common examples include your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers or email addresses;
- anonymous information which is information that does not identify you personally but categorises you into groups or sectors, common example include demographic information such as age group, gender, marital status, income or the number of people in your household; and
- lifestyle information which is information about your way of life and interests and similar anonymous information, it does not identify you personally.
Our legal basis for processing your data is as follows:
You name and postal address: there is a legitimate interest for ourselves and our clients in processing data to provide products and services to consumers through marketing campaigns. On a case by case basis, a balancing test is performed to ensure that we balance the potential impact of the campaign on the consumer and their rights of processing data, with the interests of ourselves and our clients.
Your Email and Telephone Number is processed under Consent as registration to this website provides us with a clear and unambiguous Opt-In
Your data will be provided to carefully selected reputable organisations (our partners). We and our partners will only use your data for:
Marketing communications, market research and analysis, aggregation, profiling, appending, identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collation, database verification and tracing activities, segmentation and suppression.
Depending on what personal information we and our partners hold about you, we and our partners may contact you by post email, social media, online advertising, telephone and/or mobile.
We and our partners operate in the following areas for use in any of the manners described above:
|Retail||Financial Services||Lifestyle||Household & Technology||Public Sector|
|Fashion & Leisure Goods||Comparison Websites||Astology||Electric, Gas & Water Utilities||Government|
|Food & Drink||Debt Collection||Automotive||Multi-Utilities||Political|
|Producers & Retailers||Financial Providers/Services||Competition Sites||Home Improvement||Legal Services|
|Marketing & Advertising||Insurance Providers||Education & Research||Construction||Not for Profit|
|General Retailers||Shares||Self Improvement||Household Goods & Services||Tracing activities|
|FMCG||PPI/PBA||Gambling||IT Services & Software|
|Mail Order||Prospecting||Health & Welfare||Media, TV & Radio|
|Prospecting||Claims||Parenting||Film online & Print|
|Subscription Services||Real Estate|
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
General disclosure of personal information
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- If BlueVolt Marketing or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
You are in control of your data. At any time, you have the right to ask us to:
- provide you with a copy of your data (the right of access / right to data portability)
- correct any errors to ensure that your information is accurate and kept up to date (the right to rectification)
- erase any personal data we hold about you (the right to erasure, also known as the "right to be forgotten")
- prevent your personal information from being used for marketing purposes (the right to restrict processing / the right to object)
You may contact the Data Protection Officer concerning any of the above via one of the following methods. When contacting us, it would be helpful if you could provide us with your full name, address and other contact details to allow us to process your request as swiftly as possible.
- Write to us at: The Data Protection Officer, BlueVolt Marketing, 38 King William Walk, Greenwich, London SE10 9HU
- Email us at with the subject line: Information Request
- If you simply wish to request that we cease using your data for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe here
You have the right to complain to the ICO by visiting their website at http://ico.org.uk/, or by telephoning 0303 123 1113, or by post at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
In the main we store your data in the UK and our clients also operate in the UK. From time to time we or our suppliers might use data processors who are, or whose software services are, cloud based outside of the EEA, primarily in the United States but under strict contract rules that ensure your personal details are only processed under the same laws that we operate under here in the UK. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 (EC Directive) as well as the EU GDPR Regulations which came into effect on 25th May 2018.